Sunday, June 26, 2016

What are typical terms in an EPortfolio? Here are the words from several websites that have been combined into a "terms and conditions" page

What are the typical terms for a "Website made by a student"?
What issues should a school focus on?
Many teachers and principals are worried...
"What if the student puts something questionable online and the photo can never be removed?"
"What if a creep contacts the student?"
"What is the school's liability?"

To cover some of these issues, a simple "list of agreements" appears below.
This version appears in a template for students

Here are typical terms from a Portfolio service.
Account Terms
  1. You must choose the name that you wish to use.   Students at High Tech High use their full names, but you can choose to use initials or you can create a code number to protect your identity. 
  2. _____  I choose to use my full name    
  3. _____ I choose to use a different name  
  4. _____I choose  (circle one)  PUBLIC or SPECIFIC PEOPLE to be able to view my website.  (If you choose PUBLIC, then the SCHOOL has the option to put your link onto "the list of websites made by students."
  5. The STUDENT can choose
    WHO can view the website
  6. We advise that you do not pass out or share your login and password with others.   HOWEVER, you can give EDITING PRIVILEGES to the SCHOOL.  You are responsible for keeping your account login and password private. THE SCHOOL cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to comply with this security suggestion to protect the privacy of your account.
The account "smccrea@sunedhigh.com" has been given
permission to edit the portfolio.   The PUBLIC can VIEW
the website.   Students can choose to limit who sees the portfolio.
  1. 6. THE SCHOOL has the choice about whether or not to put a link to your website on the SCHOOL's "list of websites created by students" also known as the "Student Portfolios" list.
  2. 7. You are solely responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account
  3. You agree to use the Service for legal or authorized purposes. You agree to follow copyright laws. The SCHOOL is not responsible for the Content posted on the Service.   You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
_______ I agree to explain where I got materials that I use in my projects and essays.  I will take care to quote accurately and to tell the reader, "This is where I got these words" or the photos used in the essays and projects.
_______  All content of the website is my work.  I have taken the photos and written the essays that appear on my site.   If I borrowed words from someone, I have stated where I got the words.


==============  


Here's how the "illegal" activities paragraph originally appeared:

  1. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). The SCHOOL cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.




No comments:

Post a Comment